Friday, September 4, 2009

Thankful

It was one of those weeks.

I started out the week tired, grouchy, and not wanting to give up summer so soon.

The gray skies didn't help.

I wasn't ready to give up Dylan for the better part of the day.

Not gonna stop wearing my summer stuff.

Not gonna, not gonna.

In fact I'll wear my flip flops and walking shorts amid the gray skies just to prove it.

Ya, it was that kind of week.



About Wednesday though, I got tired of my grouchy self.

Which probably means everyone else was tired of it around Monday.

Thursday morning I opted to head down to the port and sip my coffee there.

It never fails to make me feel better to be where I can smell and hear the sea.

I don't know why I don't choose it more often.

Even this time I had to have a reason.

I got a new polarizing filter for my camera and wanted to try it out.


I left feeling upfilted and motivated to choose thankfulness.

As I uploaded images from this week the awesomeness was everywhere.





I am thankful for garden abundance and a cute boss/hubby who doesn't mind when I do things like make these labels in Photoshop....and blog...on company time...


And points out things like this sunrise sky to me...even when i am am grumpy.


I am thankful for the time I have with Dylan every day.

I am thankful for the teachers, coaches, friends and community members who inspire, challenge, and cheer for our kids and try to make even the first day of school a little better.


I am thankful for my new polarizing filter. I have struggled with beach shots for a year now knowing this is what I needed.

These two are SOOC (straight out of camera - no photo editing) I have some vignetting going on here in the corners... only with the wide angle shots tho

This zoomed in shot I don't see it... I did have a lens hood on. Next time I'll try it without.


I am thankful to live in a place where it seems God spent a little extra time gifting us all.




A place that makes me stop and breathe.


I am thankful for long weekends that bring kids home from schools near and far and provides a chance for some extra fun.

I am thankful to celebrate my Mom's birthday this week.
Thankful for her call this morning on her way out the door... just to let me know that she got my package yesterday and how much she loved it... yup that's my Mom... She still knows how to make my day.

Thankfully,

Cath

3 comments:

  1. Thanks Cathy,
    I always enjoy your candid wise outlook on life . . recently started a graditude journal and am hooked ~ realizing that reflection is a must with our crazy lives . . great pics by the way!
    Deanna B

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Deanna for you comment. Whadaya think about the vignetting? Lens hood issue? Or do polarizers vignette at a wide angle?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a graditude journal for a while, but I think I get just as much out of yours as I did mine! Maybe more!!!!
    Thanks Cathy!

    ReplyDelete